#6 Four people messaged -- Project Updates

Did Star Wars change your life? Four project updates.


This is a fan project to invite seven people to speak at Star Wars Celebration Chicago about  how Star Wars changed their life. It is such a pleasure for me to work on this project.
Today's blog is to give an update of this project. 日本語は下にあります。




1. Four people showed interest so far.
Thankfully, we have received  inquiries and messages from four people so far. Three are living in the US and one lives in Japan. We really appreciate their interest.
If you are interested as well, there are still spots available:)  Email me or message me on Facebook now to get detail.


2. Special Guests?
There are  many people who are telling how Star Wars changed their life on their websites. They can be found by Google search. (See search result).We are asking them if they would like to join us. 
*Why I want to tell my story at SWCC >> see #3 I came to the US to say "Thank you" to Star Wars fans


3. Organizing
In order to learn to organize speech events in the US, I’m participating in major American speech clubs. I have an experience of organizing Star Wars Reads Day event in Japan, but there must be a lot to learn from volunteering in these organizations.

TOASTMASTERS
Traditional and global organization that develops communication skills and leadership.



THE MOTH
American national organization that offers opportunities for speakers to tell their own story. There is a national contest.


4. English language
Video below was taken in my private English pronunciation class; I'm improving my English so to deliver my presentation better to the audience, as well as to organize the event better. So simple sentence that "My name's Mio Ikeda", but it is difficult to make it flow smoothly. (24sec)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm4h4FjO2-I


I appreciate this fortune that I can follow my passions. I also appreciate people who kindly help me bring about this event from many different aspects, such as communications in English, facilitating speeches, and introducing key persons. Thank you! m(_ _)m



If you have an idea to reach out to people who may have changed their life through Star Wars, your advice is very appreciated. My email address is: howdidstarwarschangeyourlife[AT]outlook.jp or please message me on Facebook.

Thank you for reading!



Follow us. You will receive blog update notification.


https://www.instagram.com/did_star_wars_change_your_life/
https://www.facebook.com/howdidstarwarschangeyourlife/?modal=admin_todo_tour
https://www.pinterest.com/howdidstarwarschangeyourlife/pins/

Subscribe. You can read blog article on email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
(Translation for Japanese Readers)
プロジェクトの進捗状況をお知らせします。

1.今のところ4人の方から興味ありと言っていただいています。うち1人は日本に住んでいる方です。

2.これぞという方にはこちから連絡しています。グーグルで「スター・ウォーズで人生変えた」と検索すると、たくさんヒットします。

3.イベント運営
日本でイベント運営はしたことがあるのですが、アメリカでは初めてなので、似たようなイベントを実施している組織2つに属し、ボランティアなどをさせてもらって学んでいます。

4.英語でのプレゼンやイベント実施のために英語の発音を矯正しています。

少しずつですがプロジェクトは進行しております。多くの方が、英語でのコミュニケーションや、イベント運営、人材紹介などでご協力くださり大変ありがたいです。

まだ参加者は募集していますので、「ここで声かけてみては」というところがあればアドバイスいただけますと幸いです。メールアドレスはhowdidstarwarschangeyourlife★outlook.comです。★を@に変えてください。

お読みくださりありがとうございました。

Comments