#2 Tell your story at Celebration in 6 minutes 40 seconds. "How Star Wars changed my life"


Did Star Wars change your life? Tell your story in 6 minutes 40 seconds at Celebration.
日本語は下段をご覧ください。

My name is Mio. I am inviting seven people to present their story on “How Star Wars changed my life”. We will apply to the “Fan Content” section of SWCC to share and connect with like-minded individuals.


(UPDATES September 25th, 2018: "PechaKucha" format will not be used for this event. I am sorry for the change.)
The presentation format will be "PechaKucha"; presenter uses 20 slides and speaks 20 seconds per slide (6m40s). Here is an example.



PechaKucha started in Tokyo, Japan in 2003, and has spread to over 1,000+ cities in the world. The founders are architects - they invented this format to tell long, complicated and beautiful stories… perfect for us!

Take time to think about which 20 slides/pictures you would like to use? We want to hear YOUR story. Message me, let me hear you!
(Or you can email me: howdidstarwarschangeyourlife[AT]outlook.jp)

We are currently contacting PechaKucha HQ. Our event will be "powered by PechaKucha" event.
Learn more about PechaKucha.




A little about myself – This is a Star Wars book I was involved in while working for Disney in Tokyo: Star Wars English - Japanese Dictionary. This book was introduced in The Wall Street Journal.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/スター・ウォーズ英和辞典-ジェダイ入門者編-学研辞典編集部/dp/4053041430/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528852645&sr=8-1&keywords=%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA%E3%80%80%E8%8B%B1%E5%92%8C%E8%BE%9E%E5%85%B8

This book accelerated the change in my life. It was 2013 when I first saw Star Wars (Yes, I am new to Star Wars).  After I saw A New Hope, I could not handle my emotions (and I still can't). The author of this dictionary had the same feelings for forty years – and put this emotion into the book.
Thankfully, this dictionary ranked #1 on Amazon in Japan.


This success encouraged the author and me to make the next book: “What is the Force?”. We got approval from Lucasfilm for every single page, and it was released in October 2017, in Japan. However, this book took me to a little odd place. I will write about this in the next article. Stay tuned.

If you want to tell your story at SWCC with us, message me on facebook!
(Or you can email me: howdidstarwarschangeyourlife[AT]outlook.jp)


(So you can receive blog update notification.)

Email me to: howdidstarwarschangeyourlife[AT]outlook.jp


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
(Translation for Japanese readers)
こんにちは、Mioと申します。2018年5月からアメリカに留学しています。「スター・ウォーズで人生変わった」方を集め、2019年4月のシカゴのセレブレーションでプレゼンイベントを企画したいと思っています。

プレゼンは「ペチャクチャ」と呼ばれる形式で行うつもりです。1プレゼンテーションあたり20枚のスライドを用意し、スライド1枚につき20秒話す、というものです。ただいまペチャクチャ本部に名称使用の申請をしています。

自分の略歴につきまして。日本にいる時はディズニー・ジャパンの出版部に勤務しておりました。そこで「スター・ウォーズ英和辞典」を担当させていただきました。この本はおかげさまで好評で、ウォール・ストリート・ジャーナルにも掲載されアマゾン全書籍1位にもなりました。

この本の著者はスター・ウォーズに並々ならぬ情熱をお持ちで、それをこの本に込めてくださったおかげです。このヒットをもって、「フォースとは何か」を描く本を2017年10月に刊行することになりました。全ページ、ルーカスフィルム社の承認を取りました。こちらにつきましては次の記事でご紹介いたします。

どうぞ引き続きよろしくお願いします。







Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments